BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Can Ben come over and play?"

As of late, Ryan and I's time together consists of him sitting in my living room and possibly doing his little bit of homework that is required, but mostly watching ESPN, while I sit at my desk in my bedroom spending hours on homework. Even though it's not quality time, it's nice to even be in the same apartment as one another when we need a small break. It's obviously not enough for him, however. Yesterday, he peeked his head into my doorway and sheepishly asked, "Can Ben come over and play after choir practice tonight?" Knowing he needs more attention than I can give, I gladly obliged only to find out that he had already asked Ben to come over. If our children ever do that, they will be in big trouble! He then left to go run some errands when I get a knock on my front door and find my co-worker, Rob, and his roommate, Troy. As I answer, Rob begins speaking and says, "We know Ryan's not here. You can keep doing homework, we'll wait here in the living room for him." So the night went on. I left Rob and Troy in my room as I had to go get some homework help and then rehearse for the Christmas Program on Sunday. Ryan eventually returned home and the three of them played two of Ryan's favorite games, "Ticket to Ride" and "Monopoly Deal." After rehearsal, Ben and I then both headed to my apartment where they played more games and Rob and I went to RA meeting. At least someone around here gets to have some fun!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I want those games! Ticket to Ride is a German game, just so you know. I've heard it's fun, but never played it.

Gwennifer said...

Dear Caitlin and Whitney,

Ticket to Ride is ridiculously fun and anxiety-producing. Tell Ryan that he has good taste in games [minus Monopoly in any form] and that all four of us [because I expect that we'll have copious opportunities in our lives to see one another--oh, and Shelby can come too] next time we're chillin'.

Con mucho amor,

Genevieve