BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sorry I'm a slacker!

I'm so lazy. That pretty much sums up my life in Australia. I'd like to tell ya'll that I've been off doing crazy things which is why I haven't had time to write, but that's a big fat lie. Basically I sleep in, eat, go to class, eat, hang out and go to bed early (midnight). Oh and when I have large chunks of time I make my way to the city to explore or the beach. Yep, that's about it.

So last Thursday I ventured to the city and took some lovely photos because I haven't posted any yet! Melbourne is so big and beautiful. It really is a great city to live in. It is just bursting with the arts, festivals, music, fashion and culture. Downtown is interesting because there are a lot of old buildings (Flinder's Street Station, churches, etc.) with classic architecture and then there are a lot of new buildings (Federation Square) which have been built in the past 10 years to "revamp" the area. Take a look! :)

Yarra River

Federation Square

The very common school uniforms

Picnic in the Royal Botanical Gardens with Jojo and her friend Anna from England

Pretending to be Vietnamese at World Culture Night with the ward

The Americans :)

This will be my last entry for about 3 weeks because it is our Easter Break. I'm supposed to do a roadtrip along the Great Ocean Road starting tomorrow but we procrastinated in renting a car so that may not happen. Either way, I'm flying up to Darwin on the 26th for a tour through the outback and to Ayer's rock. I'm pumped!!

Happy Easter, everyone!

2 comments:

M* said...

3 week Easter break?? You lucky dog! I'm finishing my week-long Easter break right now. I can't wait to see pics of all these places you talked about!!

Marisa said...

Happy Easter to you too little sis!!