First off, I have to say how impressed I am at my two sisters - Ashley and Marisa - for updating their blogs almost everyday. I guess it would be easier if I did that instead of trying to write big long updates ever week or two. Oh well, I can't be bothered.
Anyway, school started back up on Monday after my 2 week break and it sucks... big time. Eventually I'll go into detail about my trip with pictures and everything but basically it rocked and I want to go back to the outback and middle of nowhere instead of sitting here putting off my design of an air conditioning system. Everyone back home has been asking me if I actually go to school and learn anything or if I just travel and have fun. Well, up until now it was a total vacation. Now it's hit me (and hard!) that I am here to learn.
I have a huge group assignment due on Monday in my HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning) class and I've been trying all week to get some motivation to do it but I think I left all of that back in Nebraska. Thank heavens I'm a Luke and we are the masters of procrastination and working under pressure. Besides that project, I have an in class assignment on Tuesday in my structural class. This is worth 40% of my grade and I currently understand maybe 10% of the material we have been given thus far. It's all similar to what I learned back in Nebraska but it has been translated into Australian and I'm now completely and utterly lost.
No worries...after 12pm Tuesday, it'll be all fun and games again until final assignments are due at the end of May and final exams in June. :)
11 years ago
3 comments:
Poor Caitlin!!!! Hang in there. I look forward to pictures of the outback! (After your projects are done)
"I can't be bothered" (Australian/ English) = "I can't be asked" (English) = not a single phrase in American
I love this phrase, and you and I will definitely bring it back to the NE! :)
Translated into Australian huh? I'm pretty sure they speak English there, same as you. :P
It's about time you started working too. lol
Post a Comment