I had another productive weekend and it felt good! Friday was a girl's night in with Jojo and Joannie and we just cuddled up in Jojo's bed watching DVDs and having girl talk. It's so nice having people who are in the same boat as me and share similar thoughts and feelings about it all. The 3 of us have become such good friends that we know practically everything about each others lives back home! We talk about our friends and family on a first name basis so much that I could probably go to England and know everyone in Jojo's life and vice versa!
Jojo and I woke up at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday to head to the Puffing Billy Railway. It took us 2 hours via public transport to get there, plus another 4 hours on that train and another 2 hours home. Despite all this, it was totally worth it. Puffing Billy is a steam engine train that takes you through the Dandenong mountains which are east of Melbourne. It was a bit chilly to be in outdoor carriages, but we didn't mind. It was so nice seeing forests and rolling hills and trees changing color for the fall. I felt like I was a little kid again at Prometory (spelling??) Point in Utah!
We got back to the city with enough time to shower and head to the city for our friend Laura's 21st birthday. We surprised her at the top of the Rialto tower where they have a 360 degree viewing deck and we could see the entire city at night... amazing to say the least. She cried, we laughed, and then more of us met up where we danced the night away (literally... I went to bed about 7:00 a.m. and had church at 9!) Surprisingly, I wasn't tired. I was just in that really goofy, crazy, silly stage. I'm now off to my last class of the day and I'm still going strong! Hooray for being young and loving life.
11 years ago
1 comments:
It sounds like you've made some great friends while in Australia! I miss those fun nights with girls. :) AND i miss YOU!
Post a Comment