For those of you who know my good friend, Megan Schuster, she is studying in Austria right now and we are having many of the same thoughts on our futures. We've both always been planners and have the rest of our lives more or less planned out with how we'd like them to go. But oh, how a study abroad can change things.
Without getting into detail, I've had my life turned completely upside down since coming to Australia... in a hard but good way. I'm having a blast, don't get me wrong, but it's also been some of the hardest months of my life thus far. I am truly learning who I am and what I want in life. This may come as a shock to some of you... but I discovered I have feelings and emotions... I'm a girl! I've shed more tears here than my other 21 years combined. I don't say this for you to feel sorry for me, but to realize how much I truly have changed!! The biggest thing I've learned through all of it so far is to stop planning. Since coming here, I've thrown all my plans for the future completely out the window and I'm taking it just one step at a time. I may not know what I'm doing, but the Lord does.
11 years ago
2 comments:
Hooray for good friends, a term that does not refer to the girls you are with to pass the time, but to the girls who, despite being brought up in different cities, states, or countries, share the same views, values, and expectations on life so that at any particular moment, you can understand each other. I love you!
Hang in there kiddo!!! The Lord will ALWAYS direct your path, you just have to be listening. I'm pretty sure you can even hear him over your own tears. We miss you!!
Post a Comment