BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 10, 2008

More Sharing of our Culture

I spent almost my entire weekend with the Brits again. On Friday I got free tickets to the Omaha Symphony so I took my fellow RA and friend, Lisa, as well as Graham and 3 of the Brits. A very attractive and talented tenor, Mario Frangoulis, sang with them and it was superb. I could not wipe the smile off my face. I love the symphony. That night I also exposed Lisa to the greatness that is Strictly Ballroom. I do believe her quote was, "This might possibly be the worst movie ever but I love it!"

Saturday morning Graham, Caitlin Brow, the Brits and I packed our bags for Kansas City. If I'm with the Brits, I'm usually with Caitlin and Graham. (To avoid confusion, I'm always Luke now and she's Caitlin). Anyway, last weekend we went to dinner at her house so this weekend we drove down to have KC with Graham's family (and only paid $1.93/gallon for gas in Omaha and $1.84 in Kansas!!). His dad made us some proper KC BBQ ribs that fell right off the bone and melted in your mouth. Delicious. After dinner it was like the olden days where after dinner families would gather in the front froom for live music. They all sat around in a food coma as I entertained them with my wonderful piano skills. Ha. We then had a good ol' sleep over with 8 of us in blankets and sleeping bags in his basement. His mom brought us down cinnamon rolls as a starter for breakfast and when we got upstairs they had biscuits and gravy, fruit, toast, bacon and were taking special orders for omelets! WOW. Talk about an American breakfast.

Ricky, Iris, Caitlin, me, Graham, Katie, Izzy, Sophia

0 comments: