In contrast to Shelby's essay questions which are complete gibberish to me, here are my assignments:
Reinforced Concrete Homework #6: Design a corbel with minimum dimensions per ACI 318 to support a beam shown below (sorry I'm not including the picture). The corbel is to project from a 16-inch square column. Restrained creep and shrinkage shall be assumed to create the minimum horizontal force per ACI 318 (see ACI 11.8.3.4).
Building Energy II Lab #5: After sitting in the boiler room of my engineering building we were assigned to:
1. Draw a schematic diagram of the hot water primary systems, including boilers, pumps, airseparator, expansion tank, water treatment device, exhaust, valves, bypass pipe, supply and return pipes.
2. Equipment schedules, including boilers, blowers, pumps, expansion tank.
3. What kind of boilers are they, condensing or non-condensing?
4. Boiler efficiency
5. Investigate the approximate square feet of PKI and calculate the current heating capacity per square foot; project the design heating load per square foot for this building (assume the heating load has a linear relationship to the outside air temperatue) and analyze your result and compare it with that of the typical office building.
FUUUUUN STUFF HUH? The ironic thing is I can do the concrete homework, no problem but that lab for HVAC (which is my new emphasis...) was a whole other story. Our teacher lectured us today on how we did everything wrong when he never taught us what we needed to know in class and probably still won't teach us (we're apparently just supposed to know these things because we're going to be engineers and we're problem solvers). Anyone know of any good books that will teach me what I need to know? The one he assigned teaches us even less than he does. Good times in Architectural Engineering. :)
11 years ago
6 comments:
Wow...you are boring. :P
Unlike Ashley I am totally impressed by what youare learning and have learned, yo go girl!!
I concur w/ Ash, and mom has to say that ;)
I'd poke my eyes out if I had to do your work!
and i thought Shelbs was a foreign language-way over my head-are you sure you want to switch focus?
Ya'll are lucky that there is someone in this world crazy enough to do what I do or you would suffer miserably through our freezing winters and humid summers. :)
Post a Comment