I've been putting in a lot of hours at work lately. A lot of hours. I worked 44 at the Corps last week and probably about 15 at the dorms. Yep, that's almost 60 hours of work. HOWEVER, when I'm not working I'm being social and having fun (although I should be finishing my Peace Corps application, picking a thesis topic, etc). But basically, summer is amazing. I've gotten to spend time with so many people from all of my different friendship groups! I've even started mixing my groups, which is something new for me. Lisa and I have started "Musical Mondays" where we invite a bunch of girls over every Monday night and watch a musical. It's the bomb. But I love it because it's a mix of RAs, residents, my church friends and random other friends from school or wherever. Hooray for missionary work!
Last Friday night we had a YSA Luau and I just let loose and had an absolute blast, as you can see! This picture is mostly the church group that I've been hanging out with lately (+- a few).
This is Pearl. Pearl is really good friends with Josh and Kyle. I'm really good friends with Josh and Kyle. She hung out with them all the time. I hung out with them all the time. Somehow we never started hanging out together until a few weeks ago. At that time we discovered the universe must have attempted to keep us apart because it was not ready for the trouble we'll cause. We're now on the verge of becoming besties. Or something close to it.So there was the Luau on Friday, on Saturday I worked and worked and then Me, Lisa, Pearl and 2 RAs (Michelle and Lauren) went and saw a sneak peak of "The Proposal." Pearl and I were on the verge of tears because we were laughing so hard. Sunday morning we had a camp move into the dorms and we did not have keys ready or access cards and I was stressed and irritated. Then I went to church, went home for Jordan's birthday and gave him the most awesomest shirt ever, came back to Omaha and went to a game night with some church peeps. I stayed up a tad too late and haven't made that sleep up yet, so work hurts. (And yes, I am currently blogging at work. They don't have tons of stuff for me to do at the moment, so I have to find something to pass the time!)
Monday, Monday, Monday... I... worked and oh yeah, had Musical Monday! Pearl, Lisa and I made homemade guacamole and two others came over and we watched West Side Story. Gotta say, not a huge fan. Except Pearl and I loved the quote, "Oh why don't you go walk the streets with your sister!" Quality, right there. Tuesday I got my hairs did!! It is DARK and I love it. I think blonde is my favorite but I like the change. It also has some bright red pieces up front in my bangs. The cut is awesome and very low maintenance. I'm very pleased! I then had RA meeting where peple did not recognize me and after that I watched the movie, "What Happens in Vegas." There were a lot of awesome one-liners in that one like, "If I could kill anyone with my mind right now, it'd be you." I'll be using that one from here on out.
College World Series virginity thanks to my friend Ryan. I've just never really been in Omaha so I've never had the opportunity to go. You know the night is going to be awesome when you get to see this sweet as mullet for the whole 4 hours and 46 minutes of the game. I went on a double date with Ryan and then his friend Chancen and our mutual friend Ashley. Chancen and I both chose to root (or barrack if I were on Oz) for Arkansas while the others chose Virginia. In case you didn't watch (and since it is all girls who read this blog, I know you didn't) the game was pretty boring up until the 9th inning. Arkansas tied it up in the top of the 9th and then held off Virginia in the bottom of the 9th with an amazing double play sending the game into extra innings. They then then held Virgina through 3 more innings and won it in the 12th with one more run making the final score 4-3. But I doubt any of you really care. So enjoy my last 2 pictures and I will keep you posted on my super fun life!

4 comments:
You finally colored it!! It looks really good.
Looks like you are having a fun summer;)
I love the hair!!!
Haha, ditto to JJ. Ü
(Andy is signed in, so it says this is him, but it's not, it's me. Make sense? Good.)
I like the guy in your church picture with the curly hair. You should marry him. And I really hope he reads your blog and sees this. :P
Post a Comment