I wish I had some exciting pictures or something to post, but I don't yet. I'm just sitting in my hostel and bored, so I thought I'd write. I left Nebraska at 9:55 am on February 12 with stops in Denver and San Fransisco. After my awfully long 6 hour layover in San Fran I hopped on one last plane to Auckland at 7:00 pm. There were SO many old people on the plane. I had no idea that such an immense number of the elderly traveled to such distant lands in their old age. I want to be rich and retired, too. Anyway, as soon as I sat down I was asked by a cute couple to switch me spots with one of their friends across the way. The man I switched with was incredibly grateful (I didn't think it was that big of a deal) but nonetheless he completely embraced me in a giant hug to say, 'thank you.' Such friendly people, I'll tell you what. The new couple I sat next to was from San Fran and we chatted for a bit. About 3 hours into the flight, the woman started hyperventilating or something of the sort! She was croaking and couldn't breath - not an ideal situation to say the least. I then moved seats again so that she could have extra room. My new seat was in the very last row of the airplane in a row reserved for the crew, but I got it all to myself. Finally, after the 12 hours on the plane and crossing many time zones, we arrived at 5:00 a.m. in Auckland on Valentine's Day. I just lost an entire day of my life. Good thing it's leap year, right?
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment