Yesterday, I jumped off a bridge. :) I'm trying to get the video uploaded but I'm having difficulties, please be patient with me!!

Here are a few other pictures of things that I've done. On the 14th when I was waiting for Scott to get here I went to the Auckland War Memorial Museum. Even though it's called a war museum there is a lot more than that in there so it was quite enjoyable, and it was raining outside so a museum is a perfect place to be. Once Scott got there we went to SkyTower which is the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere. The view was spectacular but once again the clouds made it a little dull. We then ate at Denny's (we missed America, okay?) and it was quite amusing watching people go there on Valentine's Day! Ooo how romantic, right?

Yesterday started off quite exciting as you can tell and slowed down from there... (which explains why at 7:00 pm on a Friday night and I'm sitting here on my blog. Now I understand why people have these, it's kind of addicting.) Anyway, after Bungy Jumping we had this grand idea of taking the "Coast-to-Coast Walkway" which extends from one coast to another, duh.

It's a total of 16km and we finally found a map around 2 and headed out. Well, for the longest time we couldn't find this darn trail for the life of us. When we finally did, it was still incredibly difficult to follow. Not to mention the entire thing was full of blasted hills! Along the way we started seeing some cute little New Zealand boys in the school uniforms. Then, they surrounded us. Hundreds of them kept streaming down the sidewalk, most going the opposite direction as ourselves!! As we looked around, it all was explained - there were 3 all boys schools right in a row. Too bad I was sweaty and disgusting... I probably could have gotten a few more head turns than I did! But back to our nice little walk, we continued on to Mt. Eden which is one of 49 volcanoes surrounding Auckland and is the highest natural point in the city. It's a very touristy location and was of course full of adorable little Asians! The mention of touristy Asians takes me on a random tangent... I'm amazed at how surprised people get when you offer to take their picture. It's silly to see them rotating between being the photographer and model, so of course I offer to take one of the two of them together. People get so genuinely thankful, I love it! It's not like it's a difficult thing for me to do. On our way back to the hostel we stopped in Auckland Domain which is a gorgeous park-like area very close to the city center, though you wouldn't know it when you were there. I felt like I was in the middle of the jungle, not in a very large metropolis.
Now, for those of you who want me to pick up an accent, you're in luck. I've started to think but not quite speak in one, yet. However, I'm picking up an English accent because most of the people in my hostel are from England. No worries, I'm sure the Australian will come quickly once I settle in to Melbourne! Cheerio, mate!
3 comments:
Thanks for the blog info little sis!!!! Our link is on Ashley's blog if you feel like checking in. Travis was kind enough to clean out the second half of the garage, so for the first time ever-your vehicle gets a home.
Sounds like fun, Caitlin! I can just imagine you being surrounded by a swarm of uniformed school boys!
I am VERY nervous for the accent! Ha Ha!
Post a Comment