Well, I survived my first week in Melbourne. Not that survival skills were really needed, it was a blast actually. After I wrote on Thursday I went to the city with Jojo and met up with a Canadian friend we met named Christine. In our wanderings through the city we found an amazing chocolate shop and could not resist. Many of you know I'm not a huge chocolate fan but this stuff was incredible. We were in heaven, it was so lovely.
I slept until about noon on Friday which is rare for me as well and then we had a Scavenger hunt for O-Week which kept me out until 2:30 a.m. and then all morning on Saturday. Jojo and I then went back to the city with Christine on Saturday night for a free outdoor concert of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. The weather has been quite chilly so it wasn't the most ideal situation, but it was still very lovely. (There I go saying lovely again, everyone says it here all the time!)
On Sunday I went to church where I was immediately asked to be the choir director! They were rehearsing at the time so I went in to be introduced and was told to start conducting... right there... on the spot... for their performance THAT DAY. They are such an adorable bunch of people. It is a very multi-cultural group so many Chinese and Vietnamese as well as Aussies and the occasional Philipino, etc. My favorite part is I can hear their accents when they sing, it's so precious!! They all love me already (of course, everyone does) and are trying to figure out how long I can extend my visa.
Sunday night I went to a YSA fireside with about 150 or so people! The chapel was packed (with many beautiful boys). I chatted it up with some people afterwards and then I headed to someone's house for more fun and games. Apparently all the boys are all going to want to date me because 1. I have an accent and 2. I'm studying engineering. They are the ones with accents, but if they like my hick talk, I reckon I can handle that. :)
11 years ago
3 comments:
Hick talk. lol
It is strange to think that we have accents. Most people don't think American accents are that great, but I'm glad they like yours. :)
I'm so glad you got a blog, it's fun to hear about what you are doing.
Please visit -
http://kannan8620.blogspot.com
http://kannan.edublogs.org
http://community.webshots.com/user/makadelhi
Ha, ha! You're the choir director! That is so brilliant. Love you!
Post a Comment