I'm finally back to the old pre-Australia Caitlin where the madness never stops. Last semester was a nice slow transition back to real life, I guess. Then on January 12 I showed up to my new job at the Army Corps at 8:00 a.m., went straight to class afterwards, and it's all been downhill since then. My life is speeding by and I'm not sure how to deal with the stress anymore. It's been over a year since I've had to actually spend hours and hours in class or work and then fill my nights with homework. I know I shouldn't complain because that was my first 2.5 years of school, I'm just having to adjust again.Despite my jam-packed days and sleepless nights, I'm still finding time to socialize. I go to B-Dubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) every Thursday night with Graham and the Brits and last week I went out with them to a place called Espana afterwards and danced the night away (until I realized I left my keys in my coat which was in my trunk...) The weekend was filled with an RA retreat and I got a paid holiday on MLKJ Day! I also had to say goodbye to Caitlin Brow who headed to England for her big grand life adventure. I know I had my fun, but I'm still incredibly jealous.
I did no homework that first week which bit me in the butt this past week. Yet, I was still able to go out for wings again on Thursday and then spent the whole night making a late night breakfast for my residents. I made banana bread, coffee cake, monkey bread, our Christmas breakfast casserole and bought cinnamon rolls. Most of it went wrong but ended up tasting fine. It was a loooong day. But I had 32 out of my 40 residents attend which is unbelievable.
On Friday, I worked all day but was blessed with a lunch
visit from Jordan and his family. I wish we were all as pleasant and smiled as often as that little one. Friday night I had a Girl's Night with the girls I work with - Bonnie and Libby who work the office, Courtney is one of the Resident Directors, and Lisa who one of my favorite RAs. We gossiped while enjoying food at P.F. Changs and laughed our heads off afterwards at Bridewars. (I know people who say it's terrible and yes, it is extremely predictable but I needed some senseless humor, thank you). Saturday morning I woke up early and headed to Megan Schuster's for breakfast. We have decided this is our best option of a consistent time to see each other. Odd time, but it works. Saturday was filled with homework, lunch with Marisa and Travis, more homework, a disgusting loss at the UNO hockey game, and more homework. Then, when I finally wanted to go to bed, I discovered my heater is broken. It's not that it doesn't work, it won't shut off from full blast. I couldn't sleep in my sweltering bedroom so I moved to the couch for a few hours rest where it was slightly less tropical.
This finally brings me to today where I did more homework (I hate doing homework on Sundays but I really didn't have an option this time), went to church, did more homework and celebrated Australia Day with my floor while watching "A Very Duggar Wedding" on TLC.
Whew. This might have been the longest two weeks of my life and I wish it were an exxageration. Let's pray I survive the next 14 weeks.
11 years ago
2 comments:
I'm sad I missed A Very Duggar Wedding. :(
Catlin, It is all for a good cause in the end. I have a class that is also bitting me to the bone. But I am here in the early mornings to work on it and to do other homework for other classes. Are you graduating this spring?
Post a Comment