I don't remember if I've talked about this before, but I need a quick venting session. Apparently Victoria University (which I attend) is not a very good University and I can tell. My teachers have no logical order to their instruction and I do not feel like I am learning anything. The students are so completely unmotivated because they only have to achieve that 50% passing grade. I turned in my HVAC assignment this morning and it was probably the lowest quality project I've ever completed in my life. I decided to not be the total perfectionist that I am so I left the final details up to my group members to finish... bad idea. I looked at our report this morning and they inserted pictures in incorrect locations so I'm referring to images that are the wrong one or just don't plain exist; parts of it are single spaced while the rest is double, I asked them to fix one of my citations and they didn't so it is totally wrong. Sad thing is, they don't care. All they have to do is pass. Are the students leaving this university really going to be the working class of Australia someday? Scary.
But I'm off to go study for my test now. Luckily I met a nice boy in the Library today who is in my class and who gave me a sample test from last year to help me out. It's going to be a long night...
11 years ago
4 comments:
Hey you - unbelievable about the students there! I feel your pain - love you!
Sounds like a waste of a semester to me. :P
I am sorry about your lack of motivation and your dumb classmates! I'm glad that you'll be working in the States.
That stinks!!! Hopefully you get your 50%. You can't just blame them, you did procrastinate as long as possible-Ms. Luke.
Post a Comment