We spent one night in a hostel in Alice Springs and then we continued onto the next 3 days of our journey. It was a separate tour guide and separate group but there were about 8 of us from tour one that were all on this second part together. It was a blast because we already had a ton of jokes from our first 3 days together so this last little bit was "happy days" (this is a random saying that we used all the time. I think it came from the crazy Danish tourists!)
Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). I know it's just more rocks but it was all really impressive to be there!
A rock wallaby!! It didn't move. We had to go around it!
BEAUTIFUL
Jojo, Me, Fred (France) and Johanna (Germany)
Sweaty and exhausted after our hike.
Kata Tjuta from afar...
Uluru (Ayer's rock)!!
Uluru at sunset.
Uluru at sunrise. It glowed soooo red. Everyone asks if I climbed it and I did not. It was closed to climb because it was too windy and I wasn't going to climb it anyway. It's very sacred to the Aboriginals and they prefer that people not climb it. So out of respect for them, I wouldn't have anyway.
Traditional Aboriginal kangaroo dance. :)
How outback is this photo?
Crap, I'm missing a picture here of King's Canyon and it was so beautiful! But I'm on a computer at the school so I don't have my pictures with me... dang. We went on a 3 hour hike around this canyon and the first 500m were straight up a huge hill. It was rough, man but so worth it.
The Garden of Eden (so named because the explorer was so excited to finally find water). Too bad it's now infested with e-coli and very dangerous to swim in.
The stupid Danish tourists! I loved these guys, they were hysterical. The 4 of them all found out they brought Denmark soccer shirts with them so they wore them on the last day of tour. But seriously, we met Danish people everywhere we went. The joke was that they're taking over the Northern Territory.
Our group on the second half. This time we had people again from Denmark, England, Canada, and Germany and then Japan and Korea and I was still the only American. I didn't meet anyone else from the states on this trip!
Dinner again after the second half. Our tour guide is in the white. He is a proper "ocker" meaning he is VERY Australian and uses all the slang, etc. He was good on the tour about speaking "English" but we saw him again the night after our tour and I could hardly understand him!
So sad to be home in Melbourne where it's "cold." I think it was about 19 degrees (Celsius of course) when we got back to Melbourne compared to the 27-35 degrees everyday throughout our tour.
I have so many more pictures and stories from these tours but there is no way I can put it all on here! If you want more details about any of it let me know and I'll try to tell you more. Overall, it was just so amazing. You cannot imagine how beautiful the stars were. I actually saw the Milky Way! And we saw at least 3 or 4 falling stars every night. I'm so glad I came here over break instead of the beaches in the east like a lot of others did. This is Australia.
0 comments:
Post a Comment