Sporadic Caitlin strikes again. I spent all of 24 hours (give or take a few) in the blessed state of Wisconsin on Thursday and Friday. A school group (ASHRAE: The American Society of Heating, Ventilation, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers) road tripped up to the land of cheese and cows to tour a chiller manufacturing plant. None of you appreciate how interesting it actually was, this I understand. But we had a lot of fun on Thursday night as we hit the booming metropolis that is La Crosse, Wisconsin in our sweet 15-passenger vans. Oooh, the memories of "The Beast." After a late night and an early start to tour on Friday, it was no wonder we all crashed on the way home.
I made a quick turnaround after arriving home and went out bowling with my friends Rachel and Derek from church and their friend Paul. I am all over the place with that game. I rocked my first few frames, sucked it up the rest of the game and picked it back up again for the second and third games. It's all luck, I'm sure of it.
Saturday started bright and early once more as I headed to Schuster's for breakfast, to the SAC museum to pick up Logan, a quick shower before the PKI (Peter Kiewit Institute) open house. I gave Logan a computer and a TV and he was fine entertaining himself while I "worked." I would proudly like to note that this is the 5th open house that I have volunteered and I have proudly sat at the registration table for each and every one. I have successfully avoided ever giving a tour of PKI in all my years of volunteering (a truly impressive task). Buddy and I then ate in the oh-so-wonderful cafeteria and beautified ourselves for the hockey game. I put on a scarf as usual and decided Logan needed one as well. We tried a few and decided on the pink and boy did he rock it. TJ Jones joined us for the game and my friend Kyle came as well. It was there that I made my wise comment of "The ice looks really slipptery tonight." We played Notre Dame and it was hands down the best hockey game I've been to (even though we lost). IHOP was our last destination of the night where TJ and Logan sucked lines of salt and imitation sugar through a straw and finished off an entire bottle of Blueberry syrup. Once we got home, I'm not sure if it was a food coma or lack of sleep but Logan and I both crashed on my couch before I threw him a pillow and I curled up into my bed. I thoroughly enjoyed a full 10 hours of sleep before going to an hour of church and then took Buddy to the airport.
Last night I then did nothing but sit and eat pistachio after pistachio after pistachio while watching the Oscars. Not a bad weekend. Not bad at all.
11 years ago
1 comments:
No smoking food or drink. :P
Post a Comment