Tonight we had all the old and new RAs meet for a little mix and mingle type deal. Rob and I were put in charge and despite attempting to plan the meeting ahead of time, we just flew by the seat of our pants (I think this is going to be a common occurrence for us... it's just how we both roll). I did, however, come prepared with food and an icebreaker. I don't know how many of you have had to do icebreaker type games before, but I cannot even tell you how many I've done in my life and they get old and unoriginal and just not very much fun. Luckily, I stumbled across one that turned out to be a blast. We gave every person fake dollar bills (the instructions said to give 10, I have 6 because I was sick of cutting them out). From there, they had to go around to different people and challenge them to either a thumb war, rock-paper-scissors, or flipping a coin. If they lost, they had to give away a dollar bill. While it may not have been an activity that forces you to get the know the person, it brings out a lot of laughs which is the first step to friendship in my eyes.
In the end, the game was a big hit, everyone loved the food (I made dirt cake with the oreos, pudding, gummie worms, etc) and Rob and I definitely started things off on the right foot. Hoorah.
11 years ago
3 comments:
Does this mean you aren't going to Sweden for school?
Oh heck no. Maybe you should actually pay attention to my life. I'm getting a Master's degree here and then getting a second degree in Sweden.
I want dirt cake...I love that stuff since Jenny introduced us to it!
Post a Comment