BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Life is a Highway

I didn't know what to title this entry, and then this good ol' Tom Cochrane came on my iTunes. Personal revelation? Doubt it, but it is a fitting song for me in general. Life is a highway and I DO want to ride it all night long. Though lately I feel like I'm being dragged along instead of actually riding it! Since Monday I have spent 48 hours either at work (either the Corps or the dorms), in class, doing homework or school-related things. Some day it'll be worth it...right?

On a lighter note, part of the reason for the stress this week is because I took the entire weekend off of homework to go to Denver...FINALLY! I can't believe it's been over a year since the last time I lived there. My original flight was canceled Thursday night due to their foot of snow but I made it out early Friday morning and spent the day playing guitar hero, watching Batman Begins, then we went to my favorite Pizza place, clubbing downtown and more guitar hero until 3:30 a.m.! After sleeping in on Saturday we lounged around until we went downtown again to the library for an exhibit on Henry Lowenstein (a Denver set/costume designer), dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, the symphony performing Rodgers and Hammerstein music, us "Oklahoma" in the middle of downtown, yummy shakes for dessert and we finally ended the night with "Thoroughly Modern Millie" which I need to watch again because I passed out. (Belb, I'm sure you're very disappointed in me!). On Sunday we went to church and made the most amazing fondue I've ever had before they unwillingly kicked me to the curb at the airport.

We love self-timers.

Also, this next picture is just too good to pass up. Have I ever mentioned how much I admire the creativity of Relief Society Presidencies? Mel and Noell helped with their ward enrichment and their "Thank you" was this porcelain bird on a nest made of popcorn, raisin bran, pretzels, rice krispies, pull'n'peel twizzlers and who knows what else...

I finally had "free time" at about 8:00 p.m. tonight and I've spent it cleaning my entire room, doing dishes, and now this. Soon (and yes, it is almost 11:30 pm) I'm off to make buttermilk pancakes with some of my residents. I know I'm going to regret it when I go to work at 7 a.m. tomorrow.

2 comments:

Melissa Marilyn said...

AWESOME!!!! Love the weekend account and love the bird! Ha ha!

Broin's said...

Well I'm so glad you found me! I didn't know you had a blog. I definately love to blog stalk so yay! I should be coming to Omaha quite a bit now so I'm sure we will be able to catch up! You look great...