Thursday night was the start of my wonderful 6 day weekend! Joannie had heard about an art display where local artists open their homes to show their artwork. Her friend had gone to one and had an amazing time so we decided to give it a shot. It took us 2 hours via public transport (it should be no more than an hour) and was so lame! We stayed for 5 minutes maximum before we headed out to enjoy the beautiful suburbs of Fitzroy and Collingwood. Fitzroy is the oldest suburb of Melbourne and is absolutely beautiful (I mentioned Brunswick street before, it's in Fitzroy). I love the architecture of this place! Too bad I've never taken the history of architecture classes so I can't describe the style... I think it's Victorian? I really should do some research.It's the little details like this that I love.
Or that I can find this painted onto the sidewalk...
We made our way back to Brunswick street where we had some cake (rhubarb and apple for me...mmmm...) and hot chocolate. As we were about to catch the tram when we heard live Jazz music playing so we stepped inside and lounged on the couches while just taking it all in. It was such a relaxing night and I truly was happy and content.
2 comments:
Those lovely Victorian details are known as "gingerbread", I'm glad you're having fun!
I love your cute little English outfit while sitting on the sidewalk!
Post a Comment