BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Phillip Island


Phillip Island is home to the world's smallest penguins and we've been wanting to go for awhile but haven't done it, yet. So I took the initiative and called to book a car to make it actually happen! I went with Eva (NY), Joannie, Jojo, and Andrea. We let Jojo drive the car out of the city while I navigated. I got us a bit lost but always knew exactly where were going. :) Basically, we were just confused about getting onto the freeway so we just had to turn around and try it again. Despite the the island having breathtaking beaches and yes, the world's smallest penguins, we might have been the most excited about having a car. After months of public transportation it was so nice to be able to go anywhere we wanted whenever we wanted. And surprisingly, I had no problem at all driving on the left side of the road. I pay attention and I'm a fast learner. It's not that difficult.

But this is the 5th entry that I've written today and I'm not feeling clever to write anything else. I didn't really take that many pictures yesterday, either. I let the others do it. I had a blast, don't get me wrong, but my lack of sleep finally smacked me in the face and I had to fight through it. Now, after my 6 day weekend I need to start being somewhat productive because exams start next week and I leave to travel in 2.5 weeks!!



5 comments:

Ashley said...

You are crazy...get some sleep.

Marisa said...

Where are the penguins? Too small to see? I think we might actually go try to start your car this week. We've been neglecting it. Apparently while we were in Minnesota this past week pawnee had a near miss with a tornado. Hopefully your little car didn't get too scared :-P.

Marisa said...

We'll take you fishing when you come pick up your car!!

Whitney said...

Please explain the superfluous jumping in every photograph you take! Also, I don't see penguins either!

Caitlin said...

You're not allowed to take pictures of the penguins or we'll scare them all away and they'll never come back!! And the jumping pictures are just something that Jojo and I started in the Northern Territory and it's become a tradition... I like them, okay? Is that a good enough reason for you?? :)