BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Weekend Continues...

On Saturday night I went to dinner at a Chinese Restaurant with Jenny Thai from church and a group of friends from her work. As much as I love Jojo, Joannie, etc., it was nice to be with completely new people. I slept about 6 hours that night but had to wake up to be at church at 9! A woman from church, Joanne, picked me up and when I got in her car she handed me a bowl of soup and homemade bread to take inside for lunch later. I was totally taken back (and very grateful!) by how thoughtful that was! Church was really, really good. It was fast and testimony meeting and sometimes people can get a little off track in this ward but it was right on and the Spirit in the room was phenomenal. In Relief Society we talked about strengthening our homes and families and I was overwhelmed with emotion. I am so grateful for the amazing family I have grown up with and I also felt so blessed to have a family here in Australia among the other members of the church. I tried to fight the tears, but they flowed despite my efforts.

I was once again reminded how much I am loved as I watched a DVD when I got home with some of my favorite girls Jojo, Joannie, and Vicky. Then, I had to leave to finish an assignment due in the morning. I didn't think I was procrastinating because I'd already done a lot of the work. However, I did not realize just how much work I still had left!! By the time 4:00 a.m. hit, I knew there was no point in sleeping at all so I unleashed the perfectionist in me and pushed through. Luckily Scott (the other NE here) was also working on the same project so we could periodically text or visit one another to keep our sanity. I finally showered about 8:00 a.m. and was happy to have received a phone call from Mom and Dad when I got out! I couldn't talk long though because my group was coming to get me to finish that assignment once and for all.

I continued the day with an unusual amount of energy considering I'd had 9 hours of sleep in 3 nights. I met up with Jane Thai (Jenny's twin sisters) and the missionaries for a little outing. We didn't know where we wanted to go and eventually ended up at another garden. However, it was mainly just a large green field lined with trees. It was lovely nonetheless and was once again near my favorite part of town.... Brunswick Street! We went to lunch at a fabulous pizza place and then all hopped on the train back to our wonderful suburb of Footscary... I mean Footscray. :) About 2 hours later we were all reunited at Family Home Evening where I had the privilege of teaching the lesson. I was still all chipper and had a wonderful time chatting with everyone. The night ended like most nights with a DVD in Jojo's room.


1 comments:

MOM said...

How about an update!? Maybe a Happy Father's Day to your Dad.